Monday, November 4, 2013

Top ten day ten!

My ten day turned two year adventure is finally coming to a close.  Don't worry I will soon have more articles coming up, I got a few new tools to share with you and have some good stories to tell.  I will also be attending the International Home Builders Assc. Show in Las Vegas in February and will be attending 3 days of classes so I will have lots to share!

Onto the subject at hand...the final tool to have in your tool bag.  I'm going to cheat here a little bit.  I thought about doing hammers, tape measures, razor knives, multi-tools like a Leatherman, and some other ideas but one thing I have been itching to bring up is my tool bag itself.

I have about 20 tool bags in my shop right now (I'm not exaggerating). I have everything from a 13" Craftsman bag to a duffel bag with about 150 pockets on, in, and around it.  I have hard sided, soft sided, metal, and bucket bags.  I have poured through magazines, store catalogs, and store shelves looking for the perfect bag and I think I may have found it.

Tough Built 8" tote and universal clip on pouch.  This entire system is one of the most versatile systems I have ever come across, at least in my price range.  The bag is small enough I don't overload it with a bunch of unnecessary tools and yet fits my essentials perfectly.  The bag comes with an extra clip (that thing the arrow is pointing at) which goes on your belt so the pouch can clip onto you belt.  I can fit a hammer, my Rockwell driver, screw drivers, chisels, nail sets, pliers, Knipex Pliers, wire strippers, multi-meter, a small container of fasteners, hack saw, flash light, head light, caulk gun, a small tube of spackling, electrical, plumbing, and gas tape, and other misc tools all in this bag.  For the average maintenance call this bag does it.  The construction is heavy duty, the rubber feet keep me from scratching countertops, and it comes with a handle and hook ups for a shoulder strap.  I have had my bag for two years now and it's still holding strong.

The system is based on those clip on pouches.  As you can see there are many choices to expand your system to meet your needs.  Let me know what you think below and keep those residents happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment